HDB kitchen cabinet design has been a trend for quite some time now. HDB or Housing and Development Board is the government agency responsible for Singapore’s housing system. It was established in 1960 to solve the country’s low-cost housing problem; today, it oversees all public housing developments. With its great reputation in providing quality homes at affordable prices, more and more people are considering to buy their own home from this reputable company. This blog post will share with you how to make your own perfect HDB functional kitchen cabinet design that suits your needs!
Now when you want to design the perfect kitchen, there are many things that need consideration. In an HDB house or flat more often than not your choice of style would be a warm and natural look or something sleek and minimalist. With so much planning it may seem hard at first but we have just what you’re looking for! Below are several things you need to consider:
1. Check the are of your kitchen cabinets
The very first thing you need to consider is the area of your kitchen.
- How big is it?
- Is it near the door?
- Is it located near the dining room?
- Is it near a window?
It is important to make sure that you have all the necessary kitchen amenities before designing your new space. How big will it be? Where are electrical sockets and water sources located? These factors can determine what kind of design options there may be for your home’s newest room!
Planning out a house, or just an addition to one, starts with measuring how much space we’ll need in our desired location- from floor plans right down to where things like outlets and sinks are going. That way when deciding on designs for cabinets, countertops, appliances etc., they’re ideally placed according to their function and not ours having had them arbitrarily picked out without taking into account these key points beforehand.
There are also cabinets that need to be considered. How many drawers, and how deep do they have to go? Is there space for a fridge or freezer in the kitchen? Do you want extra storage room like pantries and shelves? These questions can help determine what size of cabinet will work best for your family’s needs!
To create the best kitchen design, you need to be realistic about what your family will use it for. Do they like cooking? Will there be a lot of dishwashing or just some every now and then? You’ll want to take these factors into consideration when deciding on style as well!
2. TYPES OF KITCHEN
Kitchens are the heart of a home. The space where meals, memories and conversations take place everyday. A kitchen should be well maintained with time-tested fixtures to ensure that it is functional for years to come while also enjoying your present day style preferences at any moment in time.
A modern look can often go hand-in-hand with an industrial vibe as they both focus on clean lines and bright colors which promote creativity against stifling conformity or boredom respectively; so if you’re looking for something fresh but still want some roots then this might just suit you perfectly! If however, classic sophistication feels more like your aesthetic than anything else there’s no need worry because we’ve got those kitchens too: sleek marble countertops alongside wooden cabinets make up for a chic and timeless look.
The kitchen is the heart of your home; it’s where you take care of everyday needs like cooking, doing dishes, or even just hanging out with friends and family so make sure to do all that research ahead of time before deciding on your new favorite space!
There are types of kitchen cabinet design Singapore that can work with practically any hdb house or flat.
- Wall Kitchen – This is often seen in smaller houses and is considered the most efficiently designed kitchen that doesn’t compromise both functionality and aesthetics. It comprises of upper and lower cabinets installed against a wall; with some of the appliances being incorporated with the cabinets. This type of kitchen provides various kitchen cabinet design combinations from open shelves to compartmentalized boxes.
- Galley Kitchen – This type of kitchen layout is characterized by having two rows of cabinets facing one another, creating something of a passage in between. This layout makes use of a narrow space and maximizes its overall storage potential.
- L-Kitchen – Often seen as the most feasible layout for both small and large kitchens, it takes its name from having two cabinets perpendicularly arrange to form an L-shape. This allows you to take advantage of the dead space in the corners and provides options for a bar or breakfast nook.
- U-Shape – If you have quite a huge space and would like to incorporate more storage and possibly bigger appliances, the U shape is perfect for you. Characterized by the orientation of the kitchen’s layout, this takes advantage of more.
3. Kitchen Cabinet Materials
How does the organization deal with instalment? Must you pay the whole to summarize front? Maybe you need to put a store down and afterward pay the rest in portions. While a few organizations incorporate a detail for everything in the bill, others utilize a level expense framework. Try not to believe a firm that requests a half store, or one that vows to forgo every one of the additional charges. Those could be indications of franticness from an obscure organization or one that is running out of assets and customers.
- Laminate boards are one of the most commonly used materials in making kitchen cabinets they are the most inexpensive choice and can come in a wide array of color and finish options. They come readily available with many suppliers providing them. However, one needs to be careful of spillage. If the laminates are not properly heat sealed during installation, chances are the boards will slowly disintegrate.
- Woods are also a good material as they are built to last and are quite durable. Popular wood species for kitchens include mahogany, maple, and teak, beech wood, oak and even walnuts. The use of wood gives you many options and combinations to try. However, depending on the wood, it can also be quite expensive.
- Lacquer boards are new to the kitchen scene, but they already are favored due to its sleek and smooth look. Like the laminate boards, it comes in a variety of finishes and colors and is quite easy to maintain and clean. However, just like wood it can also be quite expensive and rarely comes in wood grain options.
- Steel is also a good material as it is durable and can be antibacterial. They are usually built in commercial kitchens since it can handle heavy usage, but can also be in hdb houses, especially if you favor a more modern masculine look. However, they are limited in design options and is not as versatile as the other materials.
- Granite is quite good for kitchen countertops, especially for modern luxurious kitchens. Granite stone slabs come in various colors ranging from black to light brown and is quite easy to maintain and clean. It can withstand heat and moisture and is scratch resistant. However, granite slabs are also quite expensive and tricky to mount. You will need to hire professionals who can easily and carefully mount the slab.
CREATE YOUR MARVELOUS KITCHEN DESIGN WITH ELPIS INTERIOR DESIGNER!
Elpis as one of the reputable interior design firms in Singapore will provide you with planning, design, and delivery of interior environments for your home renovation. Therefore, our focus is on quality within planned budgets, so don’t be worried about spending the extra cost anymore. Contact us or you can visit Elpis interior designer in 4A Pahang St. Singapore.