If you’re in the process of Renovating your Kitchen or just want to know how much it would cost for you to have this done, then this article will help. Kitchen Renovation package costs vary depending on what type of Renovation you want and need.
We are going to outline the average Kitchen Renovation package costs for different types of Kitchen Renovation package and things that would affect the price while having a new Kitchen installed in your home.
The different types of Kitchens in Singapore.
Kitchens come in all shapes and sizes and it’s important to know the different types of Kitchens that are available if you’re planning on investing in a new Kitchen or kitchen renovation.
It makes sense to find a interior design that suits your needs, as there are many different types of Kitchens to suit both small and large families.
How much different parts of a Kitchen Renovation cost on average for each type.
The average cost for Cabinets in renovation range from $4,000-$7,500. With this much variation, it’s important to do some research and find out which style and model you like best before making a final purchase decision.
The Cabinets in the Kitchen are usually more expensive than the Countertops. However, they usually come with two to four more drawers and a slide-out wire shelving system. Cabinet prices vary depending on specifications like material, thickness, door type, and hinges.
- The most popular material used for Cabinets in Singapore is Wood. The price range for the wood choice of Cabinet that we provide is SGD 3,000 and above (including installation).
- The second most popular material choice for Cabinet doors is Metal. It costs around SGD 1,800 and above (including installation)
- We also have Glass Doors as an option. The material is more expensive but it gives a clean, tidy and modern look for the Kitchen Cabinets in Singapore. The price of Glass Doors can range from SGD 2,500 to SGD 3,500 (including installation)
We also provide customized specifications for your Kitchen Cabinets in Singapore that are not mentioned above.
The price ranges for the different specifications are as mentioned below:
- Wood – SGD 3,000 and above (including installation)
- Glass Doors (3mm Glass) – SGD 2,500 to 2,800 (including installation)
- Metal Doors – SGD 1,800 to 2,500 (including installation)
The glass door material for Cabinets is a bit costlier than the wood and metal doors. However, it offers a clean, tidy look for your Kitchen Cabinet. You can choose any of the three materials mentioned above for your Kitchen Cabinets in Singapore. The price ranges for the different specifications are mentioned above.
The Countertop is usually an integral part of the Kitchen Cabinets renovation because it’s installed on top of them as a surface for preparing food. Countertop prices vary according to the size and type of materials used along with what comes standard, such as sink cutouts or back-splashes.
Countertop prices vary according to the size and type of materials used. For example, quartz Countertops can cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars—prices for solid granite Countertops are comparable.
- Price range for a cutout or non-cutout: A slab is the measurement in inchs of an individual piece. It usually varies from 12″x12″x3/4″ to 12″x12″x5/8″. The price ranges from about $6/sq ft to $10 per sq ft ($0.15 – $0.25).
- Price range for a cutout with backsplash: A 3”x8’ backslash costs around $25–$50 and a 3”x 12’ backsplash costs around $80–$150.
- Price range for a cutout with floating Countertop: A 3”x8’ backsplash costs around $25–$50 and a 3”x 12’ backsplash costs around $80–$150.
Most popular Countertops used in home Kitchens include:
- Granite Countertop (Decorative), price range : $200-600
- Granite Countertop (Functional), price range: $450-1100
The cost for a granite Countertop depends on the size and interior design. In interior design usually, granite Countertop is not used in small Kitchens because of its large size.
- Marble Countertop, price range: $200-600
- Wooden Countertop: price range: $500-800
- Quartz Stone Countertop (Decorative), price range: $400-1000
- Quartz Stone Countertop (Functional), price range: $350-800
- Laminate Countertop, price range: $200-700
- Solid Silicone-Coated Wood Fiber Countertop, price range: $300-1000
- Engineered Wood Composite Countertop. price range: $400-1300
- A 3cm slab granite Countertop is priced at $2000 to $3000, while
- Quartz Countertops are priced at $300 to $700.
- Laminate Countertops with a thickness of 5mm start at about $200, while
- Vinyl (PVC) Countertops start from around $400.
There are many different options when choosing Flooring for a Kitchen renovation.
Traditional options include Hardwoods or ceramic tile, but more modern choices may include laminate or Vinyl Flooring. Flooring may include labor costs for installing all that is needed.
The cost of the Flooring renovation in Singapore is also influenced by different factors. This includes the type of Flooring and the size of the space.
Laminate Flooring renovation Can be a great option to create a modern feel or for those who are on a budget.
price range : $60 – $220 per sqm
Vinyl Flooring is also great for a modern look and are usually available in wide planks of Vinyl.
price range : $35 – $150 per sqm.
Vinyl Flooring can also last longer than most materials, making it a good long-term investment. However, Vinyl Flooring may not be suitable for the Kitchen as this material is more slippery than laminate or wood.
If you’re looking for something that’s easy to maintain and clean then Hardwood Floor is the option you’re looking for.
price range : $15 – $100 per sqm.
Note : Depending on the type of Hardwood you choose (walnut, oak and cherry are the most common types).
The average cost for Kitchen Renovation by sizes as follows:
Average Cost of Renovating a Small Kitchen:
$1,800 – $5,000
Average Cost of Renovating a Medium-Sized Kitchen:
$11,550 – $15,950
Average Cost of Renovating a Large Kitchen:
$15,950 – $37,450
The cost of installation may vary between $1,000 to $3,000.
The Overall Cost is dependent on a variety of factors.
The average Kitchen Renovations can range anywhere from $5,000 to $60,000 depending on a variety of factors such as:
- The size of your new Kitchen(s).
- How much time it will take for you and your contractor to complete the Renovation contract.
- The type of Renovation/Renovation materials needed
- How much of your time you spend doing the work yourself, or supervising your contractor
- If there were hidden issues found while renovating that wasn’t in the original plan
- How much your contractor charges for this time while working on your Renovation project
Plan your budget
For unplanned work, you should likewise be willing to pay at least 30%. Be upfront about how much your spending plans will be. This helps to align expectations of the parties involved and ensures you remain in the budget.
Consider the purpose of the renovation
It’s important that you think about the reasons for renovating your kitchen or bathroom. This allows you to determine how much effort and money you want to invest in your home renovation. For example you maybe willing to spend more if you renovate or improve a house in order to increase the selling price.
Compare kitchen and toilet renovation packages
In order to compare the options ID cards offer you can select the most competitive pricing option. Additionally, it helps you see if they’re willing to work on your demands, providing you for a problem-free renovation-procedure. When enquire about an Interior Designer you can determine if company understands your needs.
Overall, Kitchen Renovation costs are usually a function of the size and condition of the Kitchen. They can be from $5,000 to $20,000 for small renovation to larger Renovation package that cost up to $100,000.As you can see, it’s easy to end up spending much more on your kitchen renovation than what you initially budgeted for.
If the cost of kitchen renovation package is out of your range, you may consider starting a small home improvement project; such as updating the hardware and adding hardwood flooring instead.
This article was created as an overall guide for anyone who would like to know how much a specific kitchen renovation package will set them back.
Please be aware that prices listed above are general guidelines only and do not reflect actual costs in every market area or region.
Don’t Hesitate to Contact our customer services for any information that you need regarding interior design :)