There are several reasons why home renovation Singapore can be an effective strategy. The first reason is that the renovation market in Singapore is on the rise, and the demand for home renovation in Singapore is increasing due to the population aging in Singapore. Furthermore, the renovation market in Singapore is dominated by the affluent sector and is one of the fastest growing segments of the housing market. In Singapore, home renovation is an investment, which means that it brings home owners money. Homeowners in Singapore are looking for ways to increase the value of their properties. Home renovation Singapore provides opportunities to do so.
WHAT SHOULD I KEEP IN MIND BEFORE A RENOVATION?
Before beginning a remodeling, there are a lot of crucial rules to remember. Just a handful of the crucial rules are shown below. It would probably be best for you to let us handle it if reading these is already too much for you to handle.
Before starting a home renovation in Singapore, there are several things to keep in mind. Here is a checklist to help you prepare:
- Determine your budget: Set a realistic budget for your renovation project and ensure that you have enough funds to cover all expenses.
- Plan your design: Consider your lifestyle and preferences, and engage a Singapore interior designer to help you with the design process.
- Choose practical and durable materials: Select materials that are easy to maintain and fit your budget.
- Hire a reliable renovation contractor: Choose a licensed and experienced professional to ensure that your renovation project runs smoothly.
- Consider the timeline: Plan your renovation project well in advance and factor in any delays that may occur due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Check for permits: Ensure that you have obtained all necessary permits and approvals before starting your renovation project.
- Furniture and decor: Choose furniture and decor that complement your design concept and add personality to your home.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Consider hiring professional cleaning services to deep clean your home after the renovation work is completed.
By keeping these things in mind, you can ensure that your home renovation project in Singapore runs smoothly and meets your expectations.
HOME RENOVATION CHECKLIST
Renovating a home in Singapore can be a challenging and time-consuming process. However, with proper planning and guidance, it can be a rewarding experience. Here is a complete guide to home renovation in Singapore:
- Start Planning your Renovation: Assess the scope of your renovation, sort out your finances, and set a realistic budget.
- Choose Your Home Interior Design and Style: Consider your lifestyle and preferences, and engage a Singapore interior designer to help you with the design process.
- Make a Realistic Home Renovation Budget: Set a budget that is flexible and takes into account the cost of materials, labour, and other expenses.
- Interior Designer versus Contractor: Know Who You Are Hiring: Decide whether you want to hire an interior designer or a contractor, and choose a reliable and experienced professional.
- Choose Your Materials: Choose materials that are durable, easy to maintain, and fit your budget.
- Furniture, Electronics & Appliances: Consider the furniture, electronics, and appliances that you will need for your home, and factor them into your budget.
- Tracking Your Budget and Expenses: Keep track of your expenses and ensure that you stay within your budget.
- Post-Renovation Checks: Once the renovation is complete, conduct a thorough check to ensure that everything is in order.
- Saving Tips: Consider ways to save on your home renovation, such as cutting out the middleman, setting aside a buffer, and choosing a healthy and flexible budget.
It is important to follow the renovation guidelines set by the HDB and to engage a licensed renovation contractor. With proper planning and guidance, you can turn your dream home into a reality.
A home improvement project is expensive and takes a lot of work. Below are a few of the areas to also take note of before you proceed with your project:
- Renovation loan
- Company Research
- Renovation packages
You have come to the proper location if you’re seeking home remodeling services! We have something for everyone, whether they reside in a 3-room or 5-room apartment, a BTO or a resale apartment. It’s critical that you comprehend what you’re purchasing. When discussing renovation projects in Singapore, there are a variety of projects that can be undertaken. Here are some of the most common renovation services offered by contractors and interior design firms:
- Home renovation: This includes a complete overhaul of the home, including structural changes, electrical and plumbing work, and interior design.
- Kitchen renovation: This involves upgrading the kitchen with new appliances, cabinets, countertops, and flooring.
- Bathroom renovation: This involves upgrading the bathroom with new fixtures, tiles, and lighting.
- HDB renovation: This involves renovating a Housing and Development Board (HDB) flat, which is a common type of public housing in Singapore.
- Office renovation: This involves upgrading the office space with new furniture, lighting, and interior design.
- Commercial renovation: This involves renovating commercial spaces such as retail stores, restaurants, and hotels.
Before starting any renovation project, it is important to determine your budget, plan your design, choose practical and durable materials, hire a reliable renovation contractor, and consider the timeline. It is also important to check for permits and approvals, and to choose furniture and decor that complement your design concept. Finally, consider hiring professional cleaning services to deep clean your home after the renovation work is completed.
HOW MUCH DOES A HOME RENOVATION COST?
The average cost of home renovation in Singapore varies depending on several factors such as the size of the home, the type of home, and the extent of the renovation. Here are some estimates based on the search results:
- The average cost of a moderate home renovation for a 4-room HDB flat is around S$45,600.
- Estimates that home renovation costs can range anywhere from $20,000 for a super basic renovation of a 3-room flat to over $100,000 for a heavily renovated 5-room flat.
- Estimates that the average renovation cost for a HDB resale property is approximately ,000-0,000 for a full home redesign including furniture.
It is important to note that these are just estimates and the actual cost of home renovation in Singapore can vary depending on several factors such as the extent of the renovation, the materials used, and the contractor hired. It is recommended to set a realistic budget and to work with a reliable and experienced renovation contractor to ensure that the project stays within budget and meets your expectations.
Since there are so many variables to consider, there is no set cost for this. Renovation costs will be determined by:
Depending on whether it is a landed property, condo, or HDB, the cost of refurbishment will vary. Additionally, we consider any already-installed fixtures.
WHEN WAS YOUR HOME BUILT?
The state of your home will affect the cost of renovations. In comparison to a BTO property, a resale flat is likely to be in worse shape and need more work. As a result, prices will differ.
THE TYPE OF WORK YOU REQUIRE
It will cost more than just making small repairs or focusing on a single area of your home if you want to tear down your current interior and rebuild everything from start.
The type of material you select will also have an impact on the renovation’s price. For instance, there are numerous flooring options available, but their costs can vary greatly. We advise using ceramic or porcelain tiles if you’re seeking a low-cost solution. They can nonetheless produce a great finish despite being generally less expensive.
Elpis Interior offers full service, providing complete interior design from concept to completion. We work with clients in any stages, and have provided services to private and commercial sectors. At Elpis Interior we’re all about helping you visualize your space before it’s built, saving you money and time. We make use of 3D rendering and animation to show you exactly how your space will look, before it’s even built. Get your real renovation plan with our animation and 3D visualization by contacting us here.